Selection for participation in YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program Cohort 47 (Online) of the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa, Accra will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel and shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Why YALI RLC
- Business and Entrepreneurship
This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management
This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management
This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
- Abdullahi Tanko Umaru Memorial Scholarship Fund (₦100,000)
- Call for Applications For Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2024
- WACCBIP Biotech Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programme 2024
- HillCity Foundation Scholarship for Nigerian Students [APPLY FREE]
- Abel Visiting Scholar Program For Professional Mathematicians From Developing Countries (With Grant Of 5,000 Dollars)
- Royal Society Africa Prize winner to recognise research scientists based in Africa ( Gift £2,000)
- Genevieve Mcmillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship 2024/2025 is Out [STUDY in France]