The Scholarship Scheme For Universities In The United kingdom, germany, france, and malaysia for 2024/2025 is out
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Overseas MSc and PhD scholarships to specific programmes at selected institutions under its PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2024/2025 academic session.
The scheme was developed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. Under it, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions. The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable), and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
What You Should Know About PTDF 2024/2025 Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
For the 2024/2025 award, applications will be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia where the Fund is certain that the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained, and the objectives of the scheme will be best served.
A full list of sponsored courses and Application Forms are available on the scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng
PTDF Scholarship Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected.
Based on the submitted qualifications, the top applicants for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where a selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- For the approved PhD Research Areas click on this link
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellors confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) and will be required to have verified it (NIMC verification charges apply) before applying for the scholarship.
Required Documents For PTDF 2024/2025 Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership in professional associations
Kindly also note the following:
- The scholarship is for the 2024/2025 academic session.
- The scholarship is limited to PTDF approved courses in PTDF partner institutions.
- Scholarships will only be awarded for studies relevant to PTDF’S mandate; candidates may be disqualified for applying for programmes not relevant to the oil and gas industry.
- For the approved PhD Research Areas click on this link
- The proposed course of study must also be related to previous studies.
- Candidates with multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who have been sponsored by the Fund for a scholarship category (MSc/PhD) are ineligible to make another application for the same category.
Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to attend the interviews round with their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts in anticipation.
The closing date for the application is Monday, March 18th, 2024 (Six weeks from the date of this publication).
How To Apply For PTDF 2024/2025 Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
Visit the URL to create an application account and fill in your details.
An email with instructions on how to login and set your password will be sent to the email address you entered.
Login with your email as username and the password you created following the instructions sent to your email address.
Click the Verify NIN button before you start a new application.
For those that are just verifying their NIN, fill the fields and agree the terms (charges may apply).
If you have tried to verify your NIN and it was not successful do not try the second time as you will be charged twice. Click on the red button with text Click here for all failed NIN verification then enter your payment transaction reference and NIN to complete the verification.
For any NIN related issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to fill all fields here. Please take note of all file formats and uploads, if the file uploaded does not meet the requirement you will experience error.
You will be required to accept or decline the terms and conditions stating that PTDF has the right to award another University that is different from the ones you select in this application.
Then also you will be required to choose your first, second or third choice University and courses.
Please note: If your first choice is a German University, you must choose Abuja as your choice for the interview. You are also required to upload your statement of purpose (for MSc applicants)/Research Proposal (For PhD applicants)
Additional Uploads, you are required to upload additional documents; birth certificate, LGA certificate,
Please note that PDF sizes should be less than 300KB
Professional Membership and Publications
You will be required to upload journal/publication (maximum of 5), academic membership of any professional body (maximum of 5).
Preview application and ensure that there are no mistakes before submission. Once an application is submitted, you can no longer edit.