Nigerian Technical Aid Corps Recruitment 2024 (TAC) is renowned for its commitment to fostering international cooperation through the deployment of skilled professionals to various countries. As we step into 2024, the anticipation for the Nigerian Technical Aid Corps Recruitment is palpable.
Recruitment for the Technical Aid Corps Recruitment 2024 (TAC) is currently ongoing, application is open for volunteers who wish to serve abroad.
This is to inform the general public that recruitment into the Technical Aid Corps is in progress, experienced Nigerian professionals and experts are recruited to serve under the TAC Scheme as “Volunteers” for two years.
What is Nigerian Technical Aid Corps (TAC)?
Nigerian TAC is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to contribute to the development of other nations by providing technical expertise in critical areas. The program, known for its altruistic objectives, has consistently facilitated the exchange of knowledge and skills on a global scale.
The Directorate of Technical Aid Corps, Ministry of Foreign Affairs is by this notice, inviting qualified Nigerians, for recruitment as Volunteers into the Nigerian Technical Aid Corps Scheme.
Nigerian Technical Aids Corps Volunteers
Experienced Nigerian professionals and experts are recruited to serve under the TAC Scheme as “Volunteers” for two years. The professionals must be holders of university degrees or equivalent with a minimum of three years post-qualification experience. Volunteers are recruited strictly based on specific requests from the ACP Countries.
The Scheme is however intended for Nigerian professionals willing to serve abroad alone without their families.
CHECK ALSO: Apply For Fire Rescue Recruitment 2024/2025
Responsibilities of the Federal Government to the Volunteers
The Nigerian government is responsible for the following:
- Payment of onshore and offshore allowances to the Volunteers.
- Payment of resettlement allowance.
- provision of return passages to Volunteers. Volunteers are however not entitled to baggage allowance.
- Limited fringe benefits such as leave grants.
- In the event of the death of a nuclear family member such as a parent, Spouse or offspring of a Volunteer, the Government shall be responsible for the passage of the Volunteer from his or her post to Nigeria and back, strictly subject to the prior approval of the Directorate. In line with the practice of the Directorate, it shall as of necessity be represented as the funeral of the deceased.
Responsibility Of The Recipient Country To Volunteers
Provision of reasonably furnished accommodation.
- Payment of utilities such as water, electricity and gas.
- Provision of free medical services.
- Provision of transportation where applicable.
- The recipient country shall freely deploy each volunteer to any part of the country at his own expense. It is pertinent to note that the internal deployment of volunteers is the sole responsibility of the host State.
- The recipient country shall grant the volunteer exemption to pay local income tax. It shall accord to the volunteers “First arrived privileges” which grants exemption from all taxes imposed by raising of the importance of personal effect used by the Volunteer within (12) twelve months of their arrival or as it is applicable in a particular country. Personal effects may be defined as household goods and articles such as motor vehicles, air conditioners, refrigerators, washing machines and other electronic gadgets which must accompany the volunteers or be imported within twelve (12) months of arrival in their respective recipient countries.
- Local sales of such items shall however be made only with the former consent of the appropriate host authority and shall be liable to import duties if sold to the person not entitled to similar privilege.
Apply for Nigerian Technical Aid Corps Recruitment 2024
- Visit the official Nigerian TAC website. Apply Now
- Navigate to the “Recruitment 2024” section.
- Carefully review the eligibility criteria and application requirements.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit required documents and certifications.
If you’ve found this article useful, please utilize the share icons below to share with your family, friends and loved ones. For any additional inquiries about this content, feel free to reach out via our Contact Us page or In Comment Section.