The federal fire service departments where categories into six department (Admin and Supply,Investigation, Inspectorate and Enforcement,Planning, Research, and Statistics,Operations,National Fire Academy and Finance And Accounts which all of them are the federal fire service departments
About Federal Fire Service
The Federal Fire Service (FFS) is the principal agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria, established by an Act of Parliament mandated with the sole responsibility of mitigation, prevention and extinction of fire and other emergencies as well as perform other sundry duties as delegated by the Honorable Minister of Interior.
The following are the federal fire service departments constitute the Service
Admin and Supply
- Overseas appointments, and staff welfare.
- Supervises various commands, and in charge of general admin
Investigation, Inspectorate and Enforcement (IIE)
- Inspects and ensures fire safety compliance in public buildings.
- Disaster management.
- Investigates causes of fires and other related hazards
Planning, Research, and Statistics (PRS)
- Policy formulation.
- Collects and collates fire statistics for planning and research.
- In charge of information, communication and technology.
- Carries out topography of allotted areas and jurisdiction.
- Effects rescues.
National Fire Academy (Nfa)
- Provides the training requirements for firefighters, within the country and African sub-region.
- Formulates and develops fire safety curriculum for schools and the academy.
Finance And Accounts
- Prepares the personal budget.
- Administers fund and expenditures