Call for Application: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Application Deadline: February 13th, 2024.
Type of Contract: Full-time
Post Level: Managerial
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: One year initially (Extendable).
Job Opportunity For Finance Manager
They are currently seeking an outstanding individual to assume the role of Finance Manager, providing crucial support to our Finance Department. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager will play a key role in ensuring compliance with operational and program-related procedures, overseeing Yiaga Africa’s financial implementation, and establishing robust internal controls. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to laws, regulations, donor requirements, and Yiaga Africa’s internal policies and procedures,If you possess the requisite skills and experiences to thrive as a Finance Manager within our organization, we invite you to submit your application now!
This position is initially for a duration of twelve (12) months, with the possibility of renewal contingent upon performance and funding availability. The role entails a commitment of 40 hours per week and offers a competitive salary in line with industry standards.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance to optimize the efficiency of the current control system and address any identified compliance gaps.
- Aid in reconciling overall program budgets and budgets of implementing partners.
- Conduct accuracy checks to verify the precise entry of transactions into the accounting software.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Payroll and facilitate the accurate and timely payment of related statutory remittances (PAYE, Pensions, NHF, NSITF).
- Contribute to the preparation of the country’s financial management reports.
- Assist the team in conducting Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Review timesheets for coding, leave, holidays, etc.
- Manage Finance archiving and ensure monthly updates of the finance archiving index.
- Provide support for audits (donor, internal, external, statutory) by retrieving and refilling documents.
- Execute payments on the bank platforms, print all payment vouchers, and match them with the documents for filing.
- Coordinate with Program officers to collect necessary documents and ensure proper documentation after returning from field activities.
- Ensure compliance with all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT, and other taxes by withholding and paying them accordingly.
- Work closely with the Finance and program departments to ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures for voucher redemption.
- Assist in monitoring expenditures to ensure they stay within authorized levels. Review requests for increased imprest levels and prepare disbursement vouchers to replenish imprest accounts.
- Investigate erroneous charges and take appropriate corrective accounting actions.
- Scrutinize source documents for completeness, accuracy, and validity of charges.
- Assist in financial management, tracking, preparing payment letters, drafting financial statements to donors, and recording them appropriately.
- Participate in and provide financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews, and assessments.
- Conduct oneself both professionally and personally to uphold the reputation of Yiaga Africa and safeguard its humanitarian mission.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as assigned.
Eligiblity Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field
- An advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is desirable
- Must possess professional certifications, e.g. ACCA
- At least seven (7) years or more experience, including 3 years in a managerial position in an international NGO’s finance/compliance department, is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills
- Must have excellent organisational, supervisory, leadership, and managerial skills.
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. scanners, printers, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Hausa or French will be a plus.
How to apply
Interested candidates should fill out the job application form and upload their detailed resume containing their LinkedIn ID, Age, Address, and the contact of referees in MS Word documents here. Submission should be concluded on or before February 11th, 2024.