At Fire Rescue Recruitment (Victoria) where professional fire and rescue service for the communities who serve the people of Victoria.
FRV consists of 85 fire and rescue stations across metropolitan Melbourne, the greater metropolitan area and major Regional centres. Were a team of over 4,500 operational and corporate professionals, from all walks of life. We value everyone who joins FRV and what their experience and background bring.
Who can apply For Fire Rescue Recruitment
Firefighting is suited to people with a genuine desire to serve the community, and who thrive on working closely in a team.
Fire Rescue Victoria is seeking to recruit people with diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences. They encourage anyone who is ready for the challenge and meets our eligibility requirements to apply.
You don’t need to have firefighting or other emergency response skills to apply – all the necessary training is provided.
To apply candidates must:
- Have a genuine desire to work with the community
- Have appropriate all-round strength and fitness
- Exhibit problem solving skills
- Demonstrate high level interpersonal skills
- Have appropriate physical and psychological capability
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen and have entered Australia on a valid passport
- Be available to undertake testing on weekdays and weekends at various locations in Melbourne and various locations across Victoria (refer to dates schedule)
Previous unsuccessful candidates are eligible to re-apply.
FRV does not recommend or endorse the use of external providers or individuals selling recruitment services, or those claiming association with the FRV firefighter recruitment selection process. Nor does FRV endorse the payment of such services. Furthermore, FRV is not represented or affiliated with any providers, services or individuals who claim to have associations with FRV or the firefighter recruitment department.
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport.
- You must comply and be fully vaccinated (boosted) against COVID-19.
- You must have held your driver’s licence for two years by 1 January 2024 (this does not include a learner’s permit). Green probationary licences are acceptable.
- Applicants who have incurred eight or more driving demerit points at the time of their application and at any stage up to an offer of employment will be disqualified.
- You must comply with the criminal history and driver history policies. Please refer to these policies to check your eligibility.
- All applicants need to undergo a National Police Record Check.
- Medical clearance: All applicants are required to obtain a medical clearance from their doctor prior to undertaking the physical assessment components of the selection process. Prior to an offer of employment, a thorough pre-employment medical is conducted by the Brigade Medical Officer.
- After applicants receive an offer of employment they will be required to obtain a Heavy Rigid licence. Further details will be provided with your offer of employment.
Recruitment For Fire Rescue Recruitment
The recruitment process can take between six and 12 months, and involves various phases of testing.
FRV opened for recruit firefighter applications for seven days from 12pm (midday) Wednesday 19 April to 12pm (midday) Wednesday 26 April 2023. Applications received during this period are in consideration for February 2024, July 2024 and February 2025 recruit courses.
In the meantime, to ensure you are eligible and to assist in your preparation for the recruitment process, please refer to FRV’s entry requirements.