The 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) programme, a critical part of the Renewed Hope agenda, is aimed at building Nigeria’s technical talent backbone to power our digital economy and position Nigeria as a net talent exporter. The first phase of the programme, executed in collaboration with NITDA, will involve multiple stakeholders including fellows, training providers, partners and placement organisations.
Skills in Focus For 3MTT Programme
For the first phase, we will focus on these twelve (12) technical skills:
- Software Development
- UI/UX Design
- Data Analysis & Visualisation
- Quality Assurance
- Product Management
- Data Science
- AI / Machine Learning
- Game Development
- Cloud Computing
- Dev Ops
Build the workforce of the future
We are calling on individuals and training providers across Nigeria to apply to the first phase of the 3MTT programme.
For 3MTT Fellows
You will receive training in specific technical skills that will empower you to be competitive in the local and global technical talent marketplace
Apply to Become a Fellow
Are you interested in acquiring technical skills to become more competitive in the local and global technical talent marketplace?
Apply to join the 3MTT fellowship.
FAQs for 3MTT Fellows
Are these the only skills that will be covered in the programme
- No, these twelve (12) skills have been identified for the first phase. As the program expands, we will include more skills.
How long will the training programs in this phase run?
- The average length of the courses being offered in this phase will be three (3) months.
Is physical attendance mandatory for the training sessions
- The training is hybrid, meaning that it combines online and in-person components. While the majority of the training can be done remotely, there are aspects that will require in-person training..
Will I be required to write an entry assessment?
- Yes, there will be an entry assessment to determine the skill benchmark for each applicant. This will also be used in selecting the most applicable course for fellows.
No, there is no fee at all for this phase of the programme.
- Will there be financial support for transport, meals and other services in addition to the training?
Will there be financial support for transport, meals and other services in addition to the training?
- The only financial support for this phase of the programme will be the cost of training. Participants will be responsible for transportation, meals and other costs.
FAQs for Training Providers
Can Individual Trainers apply for this programme?
- No, training providers have to be duly registered organisations.
Can organisations without a physical facility apply to become training providers?
- Yes, organisations who do not own a physical facility can apply for consideration. However, they will be required to have access to a physical facility where required.
Can a training provider implement in more than one state?
- Yes, training providers can implement in more than one location but they must prove capacity to implement effectively across multiple locations.
Will the government solely be responsible for sourcing training fellows?
- The fellowship programme is open to everyone. We encourage trainings to also share the fellowship within their communities and networks.
Is there a fee to be selected as a training provider?
- No, there is no fee required to be selected as a training provider.
Is there a deadline for registration?
- No, training provider applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you do not get into this first phase, you may be selected for future phases.
If you’ve found this article useful, please utilize the share icons below to share with your family, friends and loved ones. For any additional inquiries about this content, feel free to reach out via our Contact Us page or In Comment Section.